Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Decorating With Plates




We all have mismatched plates laying around. I probably have more than most because I love plates. The moment one steps into my dining room it is obvious. My favorite of these plates is a white milk glass platter hung against the old pine panel walls of my dining room. Around the plate is a vintage frame that I painted bright blue. It was the perfect companion for the plate and I found it in the shed left here by the family of the previous homeowners. I thought it was quite fitting to use it in the house since it did belong to the ones who had built the house that we now call home. Decorating with plates is not limited to just one room. Get those plates out of the kitchen and use them in any room in your home or take them outside! They'd love the fresh air! Here are some great ideas to help you get started in your new adventure of decorating with plates! We have a ton of plates available at Centsible Decorating in Thomasville, Al. So, if you need a plate, or 2, or 3....then come by Centsible Decorating and let us help you!



I love the use of these plates in the living room. Sometimes a fireplace mantle can be tricky to decorate, esp. if yours is like mine and runs from wall to wall! Here plates are used instead of a more traditional wreath, large picture, or mirror.



Plates in the bathroom? Well, yes. Why not? I think the use of the plates on the wall of this bathroom are beautiful. I like how the homeowner kept it simple by using white plates.




Use your plates to frame something else. I like how none of the plates match, yet it all works well.


Gone are the days of the over the door swag. Take down that all swag (you should have already done this!) and replace it with a trio of lovely plates that compliment your personal style.


Love, love, love this! Not only because I love pink, but I love the use of more color in this. The pinks, yellows, and greens look amazing together.


Go overboard. Don't be afraid of using "to many" plates. You can't. It's a known fact, sort of. ;) There's not really a decorating etiquette with plates. You're free to decorate as you please. Let any wall be your canvas and the plate your brush!



1 comment:

  1. A very well and thorough post thanks for sharing this valuable information. petco black friday deals

    ReplyDelete