Friday, September 2, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle- RE-PURPOSE!








Have you ever heard someone say "someone would rather throw something away than give it away"? Well, let me tell yall what happened to me. It still makes me mad! A few weeks ago I passed a house close to my own one Sunday and noticed they had had a yard sale the day before. I spotted a beautiful wooden desk so I turned my Charger around and went back. The guy tells me it's his sisters and she wants $30 for it. Not bad, BUT it had just rained and the rain had gotten to one side of it and caused a few problems, nothing too bad that I couldn't fix it. I offered $10 and he said no. K. I left. A few nights ago I pass by and guess what's in the ditch to be picked up by the garbage? Yep, the desk. :| Broken and had been rained on even more. I stop and got all of the drawers out of it to salvage and ultimately to re-purpose. I am still irked at the fact that they let that beautiful desk ruin as opposed to making $10 off of it. What ever, I'm moving on. So, now I have challenge before me of turning these drawers into something! Below, I found some photos of some awesomely re-purposed "junk". Have yall seen the new Lifetime show Picker Sisters. Addicting! If not, check it out. They're pretty darn awesome.



I love how this old drawer was turned into a great little stash for bath essentials.


Here another drawer is given a new life as a side table. I love this!



I also love the idea of turning ordinary items into pendant lights. These are all beautiful!


I'm a mason jar lover so I absolutely ADORE these mason jar lanterns.



I hope this post leaves you feeling inspired. Look at things differently, don't think of what something is think of what it could be. I hope you all have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment