Saturday, June 25, 2011

Going Green.....

Back in December (yes, DECEMBER!) I got the best buy, EVER! I scored an antique dining room table and 6 chairs for $10! Ten bucks people! I know I know....awesome-ness. Well since Dec. it's been sitting in my dining room waiting on me to decide what I'm going to do to it. Before I decided I felt that I needed to find the perfect companion for it, a beautiful china cabinet. A few weeks I got super lucky on Craigslist and found that perfect companion, for $50 in PERFECT condition. Since the table and chairs needed work, lots of work, I knew I needed to find a china cabinet that need little to no work or I'd never have decided how I wanted the 2 to look. Yes I can make decisions, no it's not easy when I have 1,001 different ideas. So, now that I have the china cabinet I went out and found the perfect fabric for the chair cushion. A beautiful green fabric shower curtain at a discount store for $2. I knew it was "the one" when I spotted it. So this evening I began the task of recovering the chair seats. Not only do they have to be recovered, but I also have to sand and stain and varnish the chairs AND then put better braces on all 6. :| Fun fun....some what. I keep thinking I want to give in and paint the table and chairs white. For now though I've got to get them at least covered because I have a party coming up July 7th and these chairs have to be at least sit-able. So here's what I have so far!


This is the before, kind of. This pink actually had shelf liner or wall paper on the top of it!



After! I love love love this green. My decor in my kitchen is yellow and green and this goes perfectly. I'm thinking really hard about painting the chairs white, but I'm not sure. I will let yall know what I decide.



Everyone have a great Sunday. I'm about to head to my mama and daddy's and get my grub on! Be blessed yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment